What is making us laugh and our second book club
In this week’s episode, we offer our monthly Read/Watch/Listen/Follow recommendations (you may notice a comedic theme) and host our second Around the Table book club where we discuss Donald Miller's latest book, Scary Close.
What you’ll hear:
- What we’re reading, watching, listening to, and following this month
- A shameless pun or two
- Jacey’s nightmare-inducing book recommendations
- Some of our favorite quotes from Donald Miller’s latest book, Scary close
- A few thoughts on ambition and how it affects relationships
- Our next book club choice
Can I quote you on that?:
- “We don’t think of our flaws as the glue that binds us to the people we love, but they are. Grace only sticks to your imperfections.” – Donald Miller
- “Without imperfection, there is no space for grace. There is no need for it.” – Maggie
- “The closest relationships are the people that know my flaws, that accept me, that challenge me to be better, but that also extend grace.” – Jacey
- “I’m the kind of person who wants to present my most honest, authentic self to the world, so I hide backstage and rehearse honest and authentic lines until the curtain opens.” – Donald Miller
- “It’s easier than we’d like to admit to present a partially authentic version of ourselves.” – Maggie
- “God doesn’t give us crying, pooping children because he wants to advance our careers.” – Donald Miller
- “All relationships are living and alive and moving and becoming something.” – Donald Miller
- Binge-Watch Like You Mean It
- The Girl On The Train, by Paula Hawkins
- The Relevant Podcast's Oskarz.biz
- The Moment You Realize You're a Cat
- John Krasinski's Lipsync Battle
- Startup Podcast
- Cale Tyson
- Stroem Designs
- Our Spare Change
- Scary Close by Donald Miller
- One More Thingby BJ Novak
Thoughts, questions, comments?
- Find Around the Table on Instagram or Twitter, or leave a comment below.
- Maggie on Instagram, Twitter, and her blog
- Jacey on Instagram, Twitter and her blog
If you’ve had a chance to rate and review our show on iTunes, THANK YOU! If not, would you please? It only takes a minute.
Some links are affiliates. Thank you for supporting our podcast!