We need each other
In this episode, we’re discussing the danger of extreme independence, and why being needy is a good thing. And in the spirit of asking for help, we're bring back our "stuck in a rut" segment.
Hey, do you want to hang out in our clubhouse? Patreon is where we post outtakes, behind-the-scenes and bonus segments that don't make it into our Monday episodes. Plus, we create an entire bonus episode every month for supporters. Check it out!
What you'll hear:
- What extreme independence and refusing to ask for help is costing us
- Why being part of something (and not standing out) is valuable
- Why verbal processing can feel vulnerable
- How to foster a culture of dependence within our own families and communities
- Our personal ruts related to work/life balance and fear of being judged
Can I quote you on that?
- “One of the best parts of being human is community.” Maggie
- “What of myself can I give up? What of my identity can I give up? How can I serve this thing that’s bigger than myself?” Maggie, on questions to ask yourself about contributing to a group vs. trying to stand out
- “It’s healthy to have need in a relationship.” Jacey
- “The whole point of getting married is that you are irrevocably and inextricably dependent on each other in every single way.” Jacey
- This episode is brought to you by Prep Dish, the company that helps you shop once, prep once, and enjoy healthy, stress-free meals all week! Start your free two week trial today.
- "Defining Taste" episode
Thoughts, questions, comments?