Thoughts on flakiness and read, watch, listen, follow
In this episode, we discuss the prevalence of flakiness in our modern culture and share our read, watch, listen, and follow recommendations for this month.
[smart_track_player url="http://traffic.libsyn.com/aroundthetablepodcast/Thoughts_on_flakiness_and_Read_Watch_Listen_Follow.mp3" title="Thoughts on flakiness and read, watch, listen, follow" artist="Around the Table" color="00757e" social="true" social_twitter="true" social_facebook="true" social_pinterest="true" social_email="true" ]
What you’ll hear:
- A big fat thanks from us to you all for being such super star listeners!
- How to win a Starbucks gift card
- What is ghosting?
- Tips on how to avoid having to cancel plans
- Thoughts on commitment and what flakiness communicates in relationships
- What we’re reading, watching, listening to, and following this month
Can I quote you on that?
- “One thing social media has done to our plans with people is that we are so much more aware than we used to be of what everyone else is doing.” – Jacey
- “What is ghosting…like scoping but for dead people?” – Jacey
- “A lot of what stresses me out with social events could have been prevented with better preparation” - Maggie
- “There is no shame in saying ‘No’ on the front end.” – Jacey
- “ We accept that relationships are hard when it comes to marriage or parenting or something, but it’s true of friendship, too.” – Jacey
- “Let your yes be yes and your no be no.” – Jacey
- 'Let’s get drinks'
- 'Why Are We All Ghosting Each Other When the Alternative Is So Simple?'
- 'There's a Modern Problem Afflicting Our Friendships and Its Time to Talk About It'
- Personality typing episode
- Why Not Me
- Modern Romance
- How to Not Suck at Marriage
- Rising Strong
- After You
- Noah Gunderson
- WTF podcast with Lake Bell
- Off Camera podcast Lake Bell
- Jacey's mellow Spotify playlist
- How to leave an iTunes review:
Thoughts, questions, comments?