Style and Beauty and Fashion...oh my!
In this week's episode, we talk about beauty, fashion, and style, and we discuss why those things matter to us.
What you’ll hear:
- Our personal style and make up history
- The role of style in either hiding or showing up socially
- The stigmas and stereotypes of over dressing and under dressing
- The importance of personal appearance in tackling your day
- A few practical tips for finding your own style
Can I quote you on that:
- “If you’re beautiful or you care about things like makeup or fashion then that is sometimes seen as mutually exclusive from being smart or ambitious or hard working.” - Jacey
- “For some reason, I put a lot of value in being efficient and being able to wake up and leave the house in 30 minutes.” - Maggie
- “I see it as an outward symbol that I am showing up for myself, for my friends, for the Lord, for my health, for my life.” - Jacey
- “It (fashion) was a way of masking insecurity because people would talk about what I was wearing as opposed to me.” - Maggie
- “If I leave the house put together, I feel better about the day, I have more confidence going into whatever tasks are at hands, and I will probably accomplishment those tasks better than if I felt frumpy.” - Maggie
- “Pick the most ‘you’ version of a trend.” - Maggie
- “We’re gonna have to get dressed, so let’s find a way to make it fun and creative and not stressful.” - Jacey
- "If any item in your closet is associated with guilt or shame, get rid of it." - Jacey
- Gretchen Saffles's Gospel Centered Closet Periscope
- Makeup Tax
- Stitch Fix
- Fall 2015 capsule wardrobe
Thoughts, questions, comments?
- Find Around the Table on Instagram or Twitter, or leave a comment below.
- Maggie on Instagram, Twitter, and her blog
- Jacey on Instagram, Twitter and her blog
Note: Some links are affiliates. Thanks for supporting the show!