Should I stay or should I go?
We’ve all had a job, responsibility, relationship, or friendship we wanted to run away from. In this episode, we’ll break down the reasons behind our urge to escape, and how to know when to stay put and when to bow out. Plus, a few ideas for friend dates outside the coffee date.
Hey, are you following us on Instagram? We'd love to connect with you there!
What you'll hear:
- What prompts our desire for escape (even when staying is the right decision)
- How we leave without actually leaving (and why it's problematic)
- Questions to ask when you're deciding whether to stay or go
- Creative ways to spend time with friends new and old!
Can I quote you on that?
- “There’s a specific brand of existential dread that comes with no end in sight.” Jacey
- “Having a grass is greener mentality can make us disillusioned with where we are.” Maggie
- “Look at the big picture and ask, ‘Will I be glad I fought for this?’” Jacey
- “We kid ourselves into thinking that leaving is the only option to make things better when the reality is sometimes we have the power to change our circumstances or we’re in our circumstances for the purpose of changing them.” Maggie
- “The change that’s happening in you is actually more important than your immediate comfort or sense of happiness.” Jacey
Thoughts, questions, comments?