Sustainable style with Hayley Morgan
This week, we are joined by author and entrepreneur Hayley Morgan to have a #realtalk conversation about where our clothes come from and how our clothing choices affect more than just our own wardrobes.
In case you missed our announcement last week, we’re giving our most loyal listeners a way to support our work, spend even more time around the table with us, and ensure we’re able to keep making the show. We’re offering fun bonuses to supporters (think bonus episodes, behind the scenes, swag, and a lipstick consultation with Maggie!). If Around the Table is a Monday staple for you, we hope you’ll consider supporting us. Head here to learn more!
What you'll hear:
- What we mean by 'sustainable fashion'
- Practical steps for moving toward a more sustainable wardrobe
- Shopping sustainably on a budget
- Our favorite sustainable brands
- The story behind Hayley's clothing brand Wildly Co.
Can I quote you on that:
- "The first step, for me, was curbing my appetite for clothes." Hayley Morgan
- "For us to have savings, we are passing that cost on to somebody else." Hayley Morgan
- "Often with the issues where we find ourselves asking 'oh but does my participation matter,' it's because we are trying to find an excuse to opt-out." Maggie
- "Companies looking to make money have figured out a way to combine consumerism with pleasure, and it has made it very difficult for us to lessen our appetite for it." Hayley Morgan
- "As privileged women living in America, we do have a responsibility to say that our desire and our pleasure does not trump somebody else and their hardship." Hayley Morgan
- "Small changes in my heart lead to big changes in the rest of my life. It may not overturn the horrible global market, but it will change me, and that goes a long way in changing the people around me." Hayley Morgan (AMEN!)
- Find Hayley Morgan on her website, twitter, and instagram
- Shop Wildly Co. and don't forget to use the coupon code 'TABLE25' for a discount!
- The No Brainer Wardrobe: Feel More Like Yourself
- Sole Hope
- Thred Up
- Vetta Capsule
- The Good Trade – 35 sustainable brands
- Reformation Clothing
- H&M Conscious Collection
- Naja Co.
- Eileen Fisher
Thoughts, questions, comments?
- Find Around the Table on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter, or leave a comment below.
- Maggie on Instagram, Twitter, and her blog
- Jacey on Instagram, Twitter and her blog
Some links are affiliates. Thanks for supporting our show!