The first (and last) romance episode
This week, in honor of the holiday we love to hate, we're talking all things romance: best and worst dates, chivalry, the importance of romantic gestures and gifts, the decline of the rom com and more!
How to leave an iTunes review from an iOS device:
- Launch Apple's Podcast app
- Tap the Search tab
- Enter the name of the Podcast you want to rate or review
- Tap the blue Search key at the bottom right
- Tap the album art for the podcast
- Tap the Reviews Tab
- Tap Write a Review at the bottom
- Enter your iTunes password to login
- Tap the Stars to leave a rating
- Enter title text and content to leave a review.
- Tap Send.
(We get it - it takes a few steps. But we appreciate it more than you know!)
What you'll hear:
- A leap into lipstick update
- Our identical worst Valentine's Day experiences
- The history and decline of the romantic comedy
- The rom coms we would want to live inside. Jacey chooses a male lead.
- A heated debate over whether forts are romantic or childish.
Can I quote you on that?
- “Big gestures would embarrass me and make me feel uncomfortable rather than make me feel loved." Jacey
- "As you get older, you begin to really appreciate those small consistent things over the emotional drama that can be behind the grand gestures." Maggie
- "Baxter, you know I don't speak Spanish." Anchorman
- "The time it takes to write a letter communicates a lot." Maggie
- "I'm not going to be picky about how I get my hotdogs." Jacey
- Spicy lentil nachos with three cheese sauce
- Butternut squash goat cheese dip
- Rosemary, lemon and feta spread
- "To fall in love with anyone, do this"
- Why are romantic comedies so bad?"
- Related past episode: long distance relationships
Thoughts, questions, comments?