Rethinking the 10,000 hour rule
Our annual listener survey is here, and it would help us a ton to get your feedback! Plus, you get a chance to win a $25 Amazon gift card. Take the survey and this episode will be right here waiting when you're done - promise.
This week, we're discussing the 100 hour rule (as opposed to the 10,000 hour rule), and bringing back our "what's working" segment to share our favorite personal care products.
What you'll hear:
- Maggie confess some recent style choices that she's previously sworn against
- Plant ladies are the new cat ladies. Get into it.
- Limitations of the 10,000 hour rule
- Our current favorite personal care products
Can I quote you on that?
- “You are the end product. Even if you decide to change course after you’ve invested a lot of time, it’s not necessarily a complete loss.” Jacey
- “I like knowing a little about a lot of things.” Maggie
- “Maximize your strengths more than you try to overcome your weaknesses.” Jacey
- “We’ve talked enough about self care. We need to talk about honing your strategies for personal neglect with the least amount of fallout possible. That’s where my expertise really comes in.” Jacey
- “Go home, and don’t go big.” Maggie
- Take our survey!
- The 100 hour rule [Modern Mrs Darcy]
- Ciaté London Chisel Liner
- Kérastase Nectar Thermique
- Not Your Mother's Double Take Dry Finish Texture Spray
- Kiehl's Rare Earth Deep Pore Cleansing Masque
- CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion AM/PM
- Papaw Ointment
- CND Shellac in Rubble
- essie nail polish in Blanc
- Revlon Gold Series Slant Tweezer
- Mac lipstick in Brave
- Palmer's Cocoa Butter Lotion
- Not Your Mother's Clean Freak Dry Shampoo
- Batiste Divine Dark Dry Shampoo
Thoughts, questions, comments?
- Find Around the Table on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter, or leave a comment below.
- Maggie on Instagram, Twitter, and her blog
- Jacey on Instagram, Twitter and her blog
Some links are affiliates. Thanks for supporting our show!