Personality typing and our first book club
In this episode, we talk about our trip to Birmingham, the pros and cons of personality typing and host the first Around the Table book club where we'll be discussing The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. If you've had a chance to rate and review our show on iTunes, THANK YOU! If not, would you please? It only takes a minute. Make sure you're following us on Instagram - we have a giveaway coming up!
What you'll hear:
- Our next book club book choice
- How you can win a copy of that book
- How we've used our personality types as crutches
- Our Myers-Briggs personality types
- Our favorite quotes and characters from Guernsey
- What makes a great "catch"
Can I quote you on that?
- "It's become so popular to be an introvert these days." - Jacey
- "It's easy to say, 'I need alone time.' It's hard for me to say, 'I need friend time.'" - Maggie
- "The old adage - humor is the best way to make the unbearable bearable - may be true." - Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society
- "This obsession with dignity can ruin your life if you let it." - Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society
- "You have to really be living to write things that are true and honest and not just a construction." Jacey
- "One thing I've learned to value in relationships is steadfastness as opposed to a roller coaster ride." - Maggie
- Myers-Briggs type indicator personality test
- 5 Lies We Believe About Extroverts by Jamie Golden
- The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society
- Where'd You Go, Bernadette
- Scary Close: Dropping the Act and Finding True Intimacy
Thoughts, questions, comments?
- Find Around the Table on Instagram or Twitter, or leave a comment below.
- Maggie on Instagram, Twitter, and her blog
- Jacey on Instagram, Twitter and her blog
Some links are affiliates. Thank you for supporting our podcast!