Do you make New year's resolutions?
It's the first episode of 2015! Let's just go for it.
In this episode, we feature the second edition of Read/Watch/Listen/Follow, we introduce our Around the Table book club, we discuss our feelings about New Year's Resolutions and how we stick with commitments (resolutions or otherwise.)
Show notes for this episode:
In our second edition of Read/Watch/Listen/Follow:
- Reading: the new magazine Magnify and Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less by Greg McKeown
- Watching: Anything with Katharine Hepburn, specifically Bringing Up Baby, and the period dramaThe Americans
- Listening: Dancing Years, James Bay and the Relevant podcast
- Following: Style IGer Michelle Conley Cherry, Champagne in the Rain lifestyle blogger Emily Brunotte, and hip mama and Etsy shop owner Sarah Joy
Drum roll please...
We're starting an Around the Table book club!
We'll read a book every other month, and we'd love for you to join us. Our first book is The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Schaffer and Annie Barrows. Share your thoughts on the book with us and other readers using the hashtag #ATTbookclub.
It's 2015. Do you make new year's resolutions?
- We discuss this article: Do You Make New Year's Resolutions? What Your Answer Reveals by Gretchen Rubin. Are you an upholder, questioner, obliger or rebel? Take the quiz here.
- Also check out her other post with 13 Suggestions for Keeping Your New Year's Resolutions
What we do to stick with commitments:
- Know your weaknesses
- External accountability and structure
- Jacey uses Lara Casey's Powersheets for goal setting
- Make sure your goals match your core and your values
- Consider a daily goal
- Don't let perfect be the enemy of good
What worked for you and what didn't in 2014? What's one thing you're looking forward to and what thing you hope to accomplish in 2015?
Let us know on Twitter, Instagram or in the comments below. And if you like our show, please consider leaving a rating and review in iTunes! It helps other people find our show and it helps us feel good about ourselves.
Happy New Year!
Some links are affiliates. Thanks for supporting our site!