Making peace with the mirror
This week, we take a thoughtful and vulnerable look at body image. We also take a few minutes to break down and define some popular food claims.
What you’ll hear:
- A broader definition of body image
- Our personal stories of body image struggle (or lack there of)
- What culture teaches us about beauty, our bodies, and health
- Thoughts on cultivating healthy body image
- The defining and debunking of some popular health claims
Can I quote you on that?
- "You compliment the effort, you don't compliment the outcome." Maggie
- "One of the most damaging things that we've been taught is that weight, in particular, is a moral issue." Jacey
- "To make assumptions about a person's character, about a person's behavior, about a person's habits based on what is physiologically going on inside their body is absolute (boloney)." Maggie
- "We don't want other people to think that we think we're pretty." Maggie
- "There is no greater tool in cultivating a healthy body image than a healthy lifestyle." Maggie
- Previous related episodes:
- Style and beauty and fashion, oh my!
- Quick breakfasts, Whole 30, modesty, and capsule wardrobes
- Ted Talks:
Thoughts, questions, comments?