Lunch Break with Whitney English
This week, we are joined by Whitney English, serial entrepreneur and creator of the day designer. Today we are discussing HEART goals vs. SMART goals, the inspiration behind the day designer, and the dream dinner party we wish we were all invited to.
We've got a great giveaway in the works, so make sure to follow us on Instagram and keep an eye out for details on how to enter!
What you’ll hear:
- The inspiration behind the creation of the day designer
- What a typical day looks like for Whitney
- HEART vs SMART goals and how the SMART goal model falls short
- Plans for an epic black and white ball (think champagne and popsicles)
- Why running playlists aren't for public consumption
Can I quote you on that?
- “If I could figure out a way to bind my to-do list and join it together with my calendar, then I’d have the solution that I needed.” – Whitney
- “I hadn't used who I was as part of the formula." – Whitney on the shortcomings of SMART goals
- “HEART goals are about making sure you have the right categories of goals in your life.” – Whitney
- “And I like large parties. They’re so intimate. At small parties there isn’t any privacy.”– F. Scott Fitzgerald
- “I think the best dinner party ever is going to be in heaven.” – Whitney
- Why SMART Goals Aren't So Smart - Whitney's blog post on HEART goals
- Find the Day Designer HERE
- Find Whitney on her blog, twitter, and instagram
Image by @jensane