Lunch Break with Sarah Harmeyer of Neighbor's Table
In this episode, we are joined by Sarah Harmeyer of Neighbor's table. We discuss what it looks like to host hundreds of dinner party guests each year, creative and practical ways to extend hospitality, and what in the world is chicken spaghetti.
What you'll hear:
- The story and inspiration behind Neighbor's Table and the love mission movement
- Memorable anecdotes from Sarah's adventures while delivering tables
- Creative and innovative ways to extend hospitality
- Tales from an orphan Christmas
- What is chicken spaghetti
- Why you should email your grocery store manager
Can I quote you on that?
- "I realized how many people just want to be invited to the table. When you get invited you feel like, oh wow, somebody wants me to be a part of something. " - Sarah Harmeyer
- "Think He (Jesus) was a food guy." - Sarah Harmeyer
- "For me, the table was a way to love people." - Sarah Harmeyer
- "I do place cards every time because I want people to know I've prepared a place for them at the table, just like Jesus did." - Sarah Harmeyer
- "When we're acknowledged, and when we're made known in front of people that might not know us, it's a really special thing." - Sarah Harmeyer
- "We might be rejected, we might be hurt occasionally, but it's worth it to love people first." - Jacey Verdicchio
- "I dare you to serve Pizza." - Shauna Niequist
- "Food becomes ancillary...it really should be about the people that are around the table. I've learned that food is not the central part of a great gathering." - Sarah Harmeyer
- "It's my prayer that people would experience God's love at my table." - Sarah Harmeyer
- Chicken Spaghetti Recipe
- PS22 Chorus
- Sweet Lorraine
- Mexican Dresses
- Connect with Sarah and Neighbor's Table on their website, on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook
Thoughts, questions, comments?
- Find Around the Table on Instagram or Twitter, or leave a comment below.
- Maggie on Instagram, Twitter, and her blog
- Jacey on Instagram, Twitter and her blog
Image by @jensane