Lunch Break with Katie Lewis of Dear Mushka
This week we are joined by wife, mom, and small business owner, Katie Lewis. We discuss the vision behind her Dear Mushka jewelry line, how to cater to an audience while staying true to yourself, and we also share somewhat shameful concert experiences.
What you'll hear:
- The story behind Dear Mushka
- A tale of transition into a Christian business
- How we can share the gospel through wearing beautiful things
- Thoughts on finding the balance between creating products you love while also catering to your customers
- Why not to take your dad to an N'Sync concert
Can I quote you on that?
- “Yes our stories are so important, but there is a abigger story that is not being told- the story of the gospel.” Katie Lewis
- “Beyond telling just OUR story with beauty, we can tell THE story with beauty.” Katie Lewis
- “I think that when you pray for creativity, the Lord gives it to you.” Katie Lewis
- “We want things to be more than just pretty, we want them to be meaningful.” Katie Lewis
- “As creatives, we have the ability to fill a void, to see what people want and say ‘I can do that, I can make that’" Katie Lewis
Thoughts, questions, comments?
- Find Around the Table on Instagram or Twitter, or leave a comment below.
- Maggie on Instagram, Twitter, and her blog
- Jacey on Instagram, Twitter and her blog
Some links are affiliate links. Thanks for supporting our show!