Lunch Break with Jamie Ivey of The Happy Hour podcast
We are joined for this Around the Table lunch break by Jamie Ivey of The Happy Hour podcast. We chat about the benefits of a social media break, what we've been reading, and the truth about vacations with young kids.
What you'll hear:
- The importance of alone time for parents (away from their kids)
- What it's like to take a two month social media break
- Some fantastic book recommendations
- Three podcast nerds talk about podcasting
Can I quote you on that?
- "Making friends...isn't that weird that that's hard as you get older?" Jamie Ivey
- "You don't have to be friends with everyone." Jamie Ivey
- "You do the same thing you do at home, but in a different house." Jamie Ivey, on vacation with young kids.
- "I talked to people a lot more and told them what I was doing. Instead of just Instagramming about a new restaurant, I would call a friend and tell them to try it." Jamie Ivey, on a social media break
- Nearly Normal by Tracey Fields
- For the Love: Fighting for Grace in a World of Impossible Standards by Jen Hatmaker
- Every Bitter Thing Is Sweet: Tasting the Goodness of God in All Things by Sara Haggerty
- The Martian by Andy Weir
- How to subscribe and listen to a podcast
- Connect with Jamie on her website and listen to her podcast
Thoughts, questions, comments?
- Find Around the Table on Instagram or Twitter, or leave a comment below.
- Maggie on Instagram, Twitter, and her blog
- Jacey on Instagram, Twitter and her blog
Image by @jensane
Some links are affiliate links. Thanks for supporting our show!