Lunch Break with Haley and Christy of the Fountains of Carrots podcast
This week we are joined by Haley and Christy of the Fountains of Carrots podcast. We discuss their recent trip to Charleston, self-care for moms, and we plan a dinner with the Pope.
What you’ll hear:
- Details from the ladies time in Charleston
- Tips for sharing content between blogging and podcasting
- Keeping secret chocolate stashes and other self-care tips
- Advice for soon to be or new moms
- Why Tom Hardy would be a great dinner party guest
Can I quote you on that?
- “It is not a terrible idea to chat about some of the same things or share some of the same content in a different way, different places.” - Haley Stewart
- “What’s super important for Mom’s is to do things that you actually enjoy every day.” - Christy Isinger
- “Have a lot of dark chocolate in your house.” - Christy Isinger
- “One thing I would tell to every new mom is to make sure there are people in place to take care of food and everything else for the first few weeks of your babies life. All you should be doing is snuggling your baby, nursing if you want to breastfeed, and hanging out in bed. Maybe watching movies and eating lots of food.” - Haley Stewart
- “Figure out what works for you as a mom and this particular baby in your particular situation and don’t worry about what anyone else is doing or what other people are saying is the right way to do it.” - Haley Stewart
- "Allow yourself time to figure out your own mothering style and who you are as a mother.” - Christy Isinger
- “We’re a couple of catholic moms who love madmen. Don’t you just want to be on our podcast?” - Haley Stewart
- Passionate Perseverance blog
- Connect with the Fountains of Carrots podcast on their website, and iTunes
- Connect with Haley on her blog, Carrots for Michaelmas, and instagram
- Connect with Christy on her blog, Fountains of Home and instagram
Thoughts, questions, comments?
- Find Around the Table on Instagram or Twitter, or leave a comment below.
- Maggie on Instagram, Twitter, and her blog
- Jacey on Instagram, Twitter and her blog
Image by @jensane