Long-distance relationships, our daily soundtracks, and TWO EPISODES!
(We interrupt these show-notes for some very EXCITING NEWS!)
We are going to two episodes a week starting this Friday! Listen in as we launch our new series, Around the Table: Lunch Break, with our very first guest, Shauna Niequist. You won't want to miss this one, so subscribe to our show to automatically get new episodes as they are released. And make sure to follow us on Instagram for a chance to win a copy of Shauna's new devotional, Savor.
(Now to your regularly scheduled programming...)
In this week’s episode, we discuss the pros and cons of long-distance relationships and Jacey shares with us the story of how she met and fell in love with her husband, Mike. We also compare our daily soundtracks.
What you'll hear:
- Maggie's brain is mashed potatoes. Also, she got a new bike!
- Jacey and Mike's love story (swoon).
- The challenges and benefits of long distance relationships.
- How personalities and maturity affect our success in long distance relationships.
- The soundtracks to our lives: what we listen to while we clean, work, commute, and exercise.
Can I quote you on that?
- “Long distance makes it a more serious relationship from the get-go.” – Jacey
- “It was infuriating and romantic.” – Jacey
- “Being in a long distance relationship requires planning.” – Maggie
- “Talk in different times of day and talk when you're in different moods.” – Jacey
- “We’re on the same team, and what’s good for him is what’s good for me. It’s not transactional. Sometimes I’m going to sacrifice and sometimes he’s going to sacrifice but everything we’re doing is for us.” – Jacey
- "Bubblegum pop is all very conducive to keeping a good pace when you run." – Maggie
- 7 Overlooked Benefits of Being in a Long-Distance Relationship
- Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
- Pink and Nate Ruess: Just Give Me a Reason
Thoughts, questions, comments?
- Find Around the Table on Instagram or Twitter, or leave a comment below.
- Maggie on Instagram, Twitter, and her blog
- Jacey on Instagram, Twitter and her blog
If you've had a chance to rate and review our show on iTunes, THANK YOU! If not, would you please? It only takes a minute.