Living with a chronic illness
In this episode, we discuss living with a chronic or ongoing illness - how to handle it emotionally, mentally and spiritually - how Jacey was diagnosed with lupus, and Maggie's year long battle with a mono-like virus.
What you'll hear:
- What we've been eating
- The story of Jacey's lupus diagnosis at age 14
- How Jacey has reconciled a chronic illness with a good God
- The emotional, mental, and spiritual challenges of long term illness, and how we learned to deal with them.
Can I quote you on that?
- "Maybe that was a bit of a wake up call, and I need to take a break from smoked or cured meats." Maggie
- "It's really difficult when someone tells you, 'This is chronic and it will never go away,' to not go to two extremes: one is 'head in the sand' and the other is taking that on as part of your identity." Jacey
- "It's not a betrayal of my faith or a weakness to rest." Jacey
- "Whenever you think you don't believe enough, that's a really dangerous place to be." Jacey
- "It doesn't make Him any less faithful whether I'm healed tomorrow, in ten years, or in heaven." Jacey
- "There are qualities of my character and of my faith that I would not have without having gone through this." Jacey
- "There is a bigger connection between physical, emotional, and spiritual health than we would like to acknowledge." Maggie
- "One of the huge things when you're dealing with chronic illness is having community around you." Maggie
- "I saw Him so clearly through the friendships and relationships I had in my life." Maggie
- "If you're struggling with any kind of chronic illness, don't isolate yourself." Maggie
- Wine and Charcuterie in Clapham
- 13 years since my diagnosis: what I've learned from Jacey's blog
- Admitting I'm afraid (more thoughts on healing and chronic illness from Jacey's blog)
Thoughts, questions, comments?
- Find Around the Table on Instagram or Twitter, or leave a comment below.
- Maggie on Instagram, Twitter, and her blog
- Jacey on Instagram, Twitter and her blog
If you've had a chance to rate and review our show on iTunes, THANK YOU! If not, would you please? It only takes a minute.