Life lessons from our favorite books and movies
This week, we're sharing life lessons we've learned from books and movies, plus what we've been reading, watching, listening to and following.
But first! Make sure you're following us on Instagram, and join in on our April #dinnerpartychallenge by inviting someone over for dinner this month.
What you'll hear:
- Our April challenge
- Jacey's experience as an audience member at The Late Show with Stephen Colbert
- What #Hiddlebum is and why you should check it out.
- Life lessons gleaned from Bridesmaids, Pride and Prejudice, Taken, Twister, and more.
Can I quote you on that?
- "Smart and snarky is the new tall, dark and handsome." Maggie, on what she learned from Gilmore Girls
- "You can be both smart and stylish." Jacey, on what she learned from Legally Blonde
- "Do I wait to go for a walk in the evening until it's dark enough to see into people's windows? Absolutely." Maggie, on whether or not she's nosy
- "There's no crying in baseball." Jimmy Dugan, A League of Their Own
- "If you're ever wondering what you should have for a snack, just make yourself a dang quesadilla." Jacey
- "Never undervalue a good nap." Maggie
- "If you get kidnapped, don't worry - because there's always Liam Neeson, and he has a very special set of skills." Maggie
- It's supposed to be hard [Jacey's blog]
- "K Troop" [Matthew Pearl for Slate]
- "9 reasons Christians Should Welcome Muslim Refugees" [Relevant Magazine]
- Who is Stephen Colbert?
- Modern Love podcast
- The Great Debates podcast
- The Popcast
- Tom Haverford food nicknames
- On Coming Alive project
Thoughts, questions, comments?