This week, we are exploring the topic of humility as well as sharing what we’ve been reading, watching, listening to, and following.
We really like you guys. Do you like us, too? Why not prove it by heading over to the Around the Table Facebook page!
What you’ll hear:
- Our thoughts on what authentic humility looks like
- How confidence influences humility
- What humility is NOT
- Why the humblebrag is the worst
- What we’ve been reading, watching, listening to, and follow
Can I quote you on that?
- “Follow us on Facebook, it’s not just for moms…or political activists.” Jacey
- “True humility is service to others, service to a cause greater than your own personal ambition.” Jeremie Kubicek
- “If you’re living from a place of thinking about other people, serving other people, then humility sort of naturally flows from that.” Jacey
- “It’s not an attack on your humility if you accept that there are positive qualities about you.” Maggie
- “If you feel the need to shout it, maybe your actions aren’t communicating strongly enough.” Maggie
- “True humility can only come as an overflow of confidence.” Maggie
- “Confidence doesn’t mean sharing all the things that are great about you, it means knowing those things.” Maggie
- 'What Is True Humility'
- 'Four 'Humble' Things That Aren't Humble'
- 'Bah, Humblebrag: The (Unfortunate) Rise of False Humility'
- A Little Life
- When Crickets Cry
- Lazy Genius Podcast
- Girlfriend Leggings
- The Reformation
- Sarah Todd
Thoughts, questions, comments?
- Find Around the Table on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter, or leave a comment below.
- Maggie on Instagram, Twitter, and her blog
- Jacey on Instagram, Twitter and her blog
Some links are affiliates. Thanks for supporting our show!