Habit formation and first impressions
In this week’s episode, we discuss keys to successful habit formation and the value of first impressions.
But FIRST! Have you subscribed to us on iTunes? We hear it's what all the cool kids are doing...
What you’ll hear:
- A debunking of the 21-day habit myth
- The four tendencies of motivation
- Helpful tips for habit formation
- Scary statistics on snap judgements
- Thoughts on how to leave a good first impression
Can I quote you on that?
- “When I want to create a new habit, I always want to start in that realistic place of knowing this is going to take time, it is going to be a process, and it is going to be an investment.” - Maggie
- “Just because something becomes a habit, doesn’t mean that it's easy or doesn’t require sacrifice.” - Maggie
- "How you are going to approach forming habits is different depending on your personality style." - Jacey
- “Habit formation is not an all or nothing process.” - Maggie
- “If I don’t stick to this perfectly, if I fall off the wagon, I can always get back on.” - Jacey
- “To have the life that you want, you have to do a lot of things that you don’t feel like doing.” - Jacey
- “There is almost more safety in the anonymous masses reading something really deep about my heart than me having to say it to somebody face to face.” - Jacey
- “So often now the first impressions we are building are for an audience, not for a relationship.” - Jacey
- Gretchen Rubin: Happier Podcast and Better Than Before book
- Gretchen Rubin's Tendencies Quiz
- The Power of Habit
- Princeton first impression study
- Buzzfeed first impression tips
Thoughts, questions, comments?