Going nude and catching up on sleep
In this week’s episode, we host our monthly Read/Watch/Listen/Follow segment and talk about all things sleep - the importance of sleep, sleep habits, sleeping with smartphones - and we get caught up on Maggie's first week back in the UK.
What you'll hear:
- What happens when you cut off adults from entertainment for five hours
- How we've been slacking as readers
- New podcast and music recommendations
- A super funny Instagram account to follow
- Our bad sleep habits
- How sleep is a pillar of health alongside nutrition and exercise
Can I quote you on that?
- “Jacey went nude." - Maggie
- "Maggie's like, 'let's change the world!' and I'm like, 'let's laugh and waste time!'" - Jacey
- "I'm very aggressive when it comes to wanting to be in bed on time." - Maggie
- "There's science to back us up on this." - Jacey
- "If you're not getting enough sleep and creating a caloric deficit, your body is going to lean toward breaking down muscle than breaking down fat." - Maggie
- "Blue light suppresses melatonin production, so it's a lot harder for your body to get into that relaxed state to allow you to fall asleep and the quality of your sleep." - Maggie
- "Stop cyber loafing!" - Maggie
- "I was going to move past all the 'bed activity' references, but you are a shade of magenta I wish our listeners could see." - Maggie
- "I just didn't mean to go there so I didn't know how to get out of it once I was there." - Jacey
- Naptime Diaries spring line
- Perennial Chic by essie (Jacey's nude mail polishcolor)
- Savor: Living Abundantly Where You Are, As You Are by Shauna Niequist
- Better Call Saul
- Pacific Issue
- Happy documentary
- Happier podcast with Gretchen Rubin
- Tom O'Dell
- Oh Hello's
- Home by Josh Garrells
- Follow @chefjaqueslemerde. See some of his best creations.
- Follow Detroit Soup. And maybe consider starting it in your community!
- We Need More Sleep
- How Smart Phones Hurt Sleep
- Eat Move Sleep: How Small Choices Lead to Big Changes by Tom Rath
- Jacey's Sleep Cycle app
Thoughts, questions, comments?
- Find Around the Table on Instagram or Twitter, or leave a comment below.
- Maggie on Instagram, Twitter, and her blog
- Jacey on Instagram, Twitter and her blog
If you've had a chance to rate and review our show on iTunes, THANK YOU! If not, would you please? It only takes a minute.
Some links are affiliates. Thanks for supporting our site!