Forgiveness, Instagram inspiration and over-apologizing
In this episode, we discuss the why and how of forgiveness, plus different types of forgiveness. Then, in our new segment, "Stuck in a Rut," we each share an area where we're stuck and help each other get out of that rut. Maggie lacks Instagram inspiration, and Jacey constantly apologizes for things that aren't her responsibility.
BUT FIRST! Make sure you're subscribed to our show in iTunes, and don't forget to use our new hashtags #ATTintention and #ATTindulgence!
What you’ll hear:
- The physical effects of harboring resentment
- Different types of forgiveness
- Maggie's Instagram rut
- Jacey's "I'm sorry" rut
Can I quote you on that?
- "Once you are really awakened to what He did, the forgiveness He extended, it's not even a 'we should because Jesus said so,' it's a 'we have to, because who are we to withhold this precious gift that was extended to us so freely?'" Maggie
- "The baggage is still going to affect you even if the relationship's no longer there to be tended." Jacey
- "Learning how to forgive is really important because we aren't going to get very far or very deep in any relationship without hurting each other." Jacey
- "Forgiveness is harder than harboring resentment; forgiveness is harder than holding grudges." Maggie
- "Let the practice of forgiveness highlight the fact that you are going to need it, too." Maggie
- "Since brokenness is the way of folks, the only way to live peacefully is to forgive everyone constantly, including yourself." Glennon Doyle Melton
- How to leave an iTunes review:
Thoughts, questions, comments?
- Find Around the Table on Instagram or Twitter, or leave a comment below.
- Maggie on Instagram, Twitter, and her blog
- Jacey on Instagram, Twitter and her blog
Some links are affiliates. Thank you for supporting our show!