Five on Friday: ways to say no
In this Five on Friday episode, we discuss fun and firm ways to say no.
[smart_track_player url="http://traffic.libsyn.com/aroundthetablepodcast/Five_on_Friday__ways_to_say_no.mp3" title="Five on Friday: ways to say no" artist="Around the Table" color="00757e" social="true" social_twitter="true" social_facebook="true" social_pinterest="true" social_email="true" ]
- "Thanks for thinking of me, but I just can't."
- "That date doesn't work, but maybe another time."
- "I'm not taking anything else on right now."
- "That's a negative, Ghost Rider."
- "I'm just in a season of 'no' right now."
- "Let me check my calendar and get back to you."
- "I can't do it, but ______ might be interested."
- Have qualifiers that create boundaries when agreeing to things.
- Don't casually agree to things in the moment.
- "No." is a complete sentence
"If it isn't a clear yes, then it's a clear no." Essentialism
"To uphold our highest priorities and relationships, we do have to say no." Jacey