Episode 013: Emoji throwdown and book discussion
In this episode, we discuss re-watching Gilmore Girls, favorite books, phone habits, emoji preferences, and gift giving ideas.
- Congratulations to Alex, the winner of our signed copy of The Walled City by Ryan Graudin!
- Like the other girls who grew up watching the CW, we've started watching Gilmore Girls again now that it's on Netflix.
- Pumpkin snickerdoodles are an annual tradition for me
- Did you watch House? Do you think it would still be good if you watched it now?
- Sitting by the fireplace reading is one of my favorite holiday activities.
- Did your school have an accelerated reader program with a points system?
- Our favorite childhood books: Little Women, A Little Princess, and James and the Giant Peach
- I host a social book group where we all talk about what we've been reading. It reminds Maggie of The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society
- E reader, paper book, or audio book?
- Are you a phone person?
- Call or text?
- This Phone Tips video from Tripp and Tyler makes some funny points about phone etiquette:
- I say a picture is worth a thousand words. Maggie sees emojis as a sign of our culture's regression. We need you to weigh in. Are you emoji pro or con?
- Maybe Maggie would prefer the Nick Offerman emoji style:
- Be thoughtful before the gift giving occasion to build ideas
- Give experiences
- Don't try too hard to be original
How do you choose a new books, and which ones do you recommend to us? Where do you fall on the pressing issue of emoji use? What gift giving tips do you have? Let us know in the comments or on Instagram or Twitter.
If you like our show, would you consider giving us a rating and review on iTunes? We'd appreciate it so much!