Episode 010: the fragrance anniversary
In this episode of Around the Table, we discuss Crossfit, anniversaries, marriage reviews, and morning and evening routines!
If you haven't had a chance to rate and review us on iTunes, would you take a minute to do that? We would appreciate it so much!
Show notes for this episode:
We were surprised by the older gentlemen that listeners mentioned as Hollywood crushes! The discussion prompted Jacey to reveal her older Hollywood crush: Roger Sterling of Mad Men. Not the actor- Roger Sterling. So dapper.
- Maggie signed up for the introduction to Crossfit. Thoughts?
- I asked Maggie if she's easily persuaded. Are you?
- My husband Mike and I celebrated our sixth anniversary this weekend. It was a glorious day of eating and chatting.
- I shared about the annual marriage review we do on our anniversary- a few other 6th year marriage reflections here and a letter to newlyweds from last year
- Quick version of the marriage review: highlights from the year, things you appreciate about each other, and growth opportunities
- Traditional and modern anniversary gifts for each year
- What's a desk set? What are your thoughts on appliances as gifts?
- Morning and evening routines
- We're both morning people
- I'm trying to get into journaling - it's part of Maggie's evening routine
- We've heard it's helpful to turn off screens an hour before sleep - Maggie's been doing it and confirms.
- I use the Sleep Cycle app to keep track of my sleep (like a neurotic person)
- I enjoyed this podcast. I hope you did, too!
Have you tried Crossfit? What are you morning and evening routines? How can I get to bed on time? Would you ever try doing a marriage review like we do?