Dream Jobs and Would You Rather
In this episode, we discuss the concept of a dream job and how it affects our career expectations. We also play a rousing game of 'Would You Rather...'
What you’ll hear:
- Our definition of a ‘dream job’ and a breakdown of some of the most popular dream jobs
- A discussion on how the desire for meaningful work affects job expectations and performance
- Jacey and Maggie divulge some of their dream jobs
- An insightful game of ‘Would you Rather...’
Can I quote you on that?
- “People want to stuff their faces all the time.” - Maggie
- “There is a tendency to major on the dream and minor on the job.” - Jacey
- “We put too much stock in our jobs fulfilling us.” – Maggie
- “Our (generation’s) expectations for dream jobs are way out of proportion with reality and set us up for disappointment and disillusionment.” – Jacey
- “We’ve taken opportunity and turned it into birthright.” – Ted Harro, Huffington Post
- “It’s important to have a healthy balance between gratitude and aspiration.” – Jacey
- "Don’t let your passions die at the expense of your job" – Matt Ehresman, Relevant Magazine
- “Here’s something…you might be the problem.” – Jacey
- “You heard it here, listeners, Maggie doesn’t care about you.” – Jacey
Thoughts, questions, comments?
- Find Around the Table on Instagram or Twitter, or leave a comment below.
- Maggie on Instagram, and Twitter
- Jacey on Instagram, Twitter and her blog
If you’ve had a chance to rate and review our show on iTunes, THANK YOU! If not, would you please? It only takes a minute.
Some links are affiliates. Thanks for supporting our show!