This week, we are examining the concept of taste. How it develops, what influences it, and why it always seems to be changing. We also discuss what we’ve been reading, watching, listening to, and following.
What you’ll hear:
- Do we all think we have good taste?
- The ways our tastes have evolved
- How society influences taste
- Whether we identify as conformists or innovators
- What we’ve been reading, watching, listening to, and following
Can I quote you on that?
- “The way that I would think about good taste is defining ‘good’ as ‘refined.'” Jacey
- “We are biased to see change in ourselves and in our tastes as progress.” Jacey
- “A sign of maturity is a willingness to change your mind.” Jacey
- “Sometimes success is defined by creating something new versus creating something good.” Maggie
- “Beep beep boop beep boop.” Maggie
- “We all want to be on the bandwagon, but we want to be the first ones there.” Maggie
- The Secret of Taste: Why We Like What We Like
- Kitchens of the Great Midwest
- Last Week Tonight with John Oliver: Brexit & Scientific Studies
- James Blake: The Color in Anything
- This American Life: Tell me I’m Fat
- My Dream Spin Class Instructor
- Letterfolk Co. on Instagram and their website
- Design for Mankind
Thoughts, questions, comments?
- Find Around the Table on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter, or leave a comment below.
- Maggie on Instagram, Twitter, and her blog
- Jacey on Instagram, Twitter and her blog
Some links are affiliates. Thanks for supporting our show!