Conquering Bucket Lists and Option Overwhelm
In this episode, we talk about '30 things to do before turning 30' and compare notes on our own personal bucket lists. We also discuss option overwhelm and how to avoid having too many choices.
If you’ve had a chance to rate and review our show on iTunes, THANK YOU! If not, would you please? It only takes a minute!
Here’s how: Click this link. Click “open in iTunes.” Then hit the “ratings and reviews” tab and then click “write review.” Easy peezy lemon squeezy!
What you'll hear:
- We compare bucket lists and share stories of sky diving, skinny dipping, and cross country road trips.
- Why not to ride in an elevator with Maggie.
- How Jacey and her husband (Mike) used a communal celebration to thank their friends and family for supporting Mike's PhD journey.
- We discuss how motivation and time management are influenced by option overload.
- Tips on how to overcome option anxiety.
- Decision fatigue: what is it and how does it affect your ability to make choices?
- How habit and routine affect our decision making.
- The negative effects the social media "menu of people" has on dating culture today.
Can I quote you on that?
- “I don’t know how anyone gets out of there without wetting their pants…I know I didn’t.” – Jacey
- “Traveling alone was one of the most rewarding experiences of my life.” - Maggie
- “That’s the paradox of choice- that we think more choices are going to make us happier, but they actually don’t." – Jacey
- “When we have to make a lot of decisions, we’re probably not making the best decisions.” – Jacey
- “Establishing habits and routines makes it more difficult to be overwhelmed by options.” - Maggie
- We discuss this list of the 30 Things to Do Before You're 30
- The Paradox of Choice: Book and Ted Talk
- Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less
- The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business
- This is How We Date Now
Thoughts, questions, comments?
- Find Around the Table on Instagram or Twitter, or leave a comment below.
- Maggie on Instagram, Twitter, and her blog
- Jacey on Instagram, Twitter and her blog
Some links are affiliates. Thank you for supporting our podcast!