Our best and worst jobs
Hey guys! Don't forget you've still got a few days to fill out our annual listener survey, and it would help us a ton to get your feedback! Plus, you get a chance to win a $25 Amazon gift card. Take the survey and this episode will be right here waiting when you’re done – promise.
Also, we've got a pretty exciting announcement! Per the numerous emails we get asking for recommendations specific to the cities we call home (Charleston and London), we created two fantastic travel guides!
This week, we discuss our best and worst job experiences. We also share our tried and true closet staples.
What you’ll hear:
- How we distinguish good jobs from bad jobs
- Our best and worst job experiences
- Tips for making bad jobs more tolerable
- About our #onceadayinmay challenge
- Closet staples for every occasion
Can I quote you on that?
- “Mundane tasks can be made better if you’re working with great people and for great people.” Maggie
- “Meaningful tasks can be made miserable if you’re working with and for miserable people.” Maggie
- “You can be paralyzed by looking for a perfect fit when you might just need to look for a right now fit.” Jacey
- “Choose the environment as much as you choose the specific type of job itself.” Jacey
- “Be teachable.” Maggie
- “If you have the fancy dress for the occasion, you often find more occasions to wear it.” Maggie
- Our travel guides
- DISC personality profile
- 'Rethinking Work'
- Stitch Fix
- Thred UP
- Dolce Vita shoes
- Madewell jewelry
Thoughts, questions, comments?
- Find Around the Table on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter, or leave a comment below.
- Maggie on Instagram, Twitter, and her blog
- Jacey on Instagram, Twitter and her blog
Some links are affiliates. Thanks for supporting our show!