In this episode, we’re perking up our ears and discussing what it means to listen well. Then we’ll share what we’ve been reading, watching, listening to and following.
If you love joining us around the table, you’ll love having us in your inbox. We always share important news and personal updates in our newsletter before it hits the airwaves. Join the party!
What you’ll hear:
- News from Maggie
- What makes a good listener
- Whether it's possible to listen well when you disagree with what you're hearing
- Strategies for listening when you’re bored, distracted or angry
Can I quote you on that?
- "A conversation is an exchange where you can be giving or you can be taking.” Jacey
- “One thing that makes a good listener is paying attention to detail.” Jacey
- "Any discussion where your goal is to be heard isn’t going to be a good one.” Maggie
- “The goal has to be listen first, make a point second.” Maggie
- “Part of being a good listener is giving yourself time to process the information you heard so that you’re not reacting.” Maggie
- “Attention is at an all time premium because we have so many distractions. Making space to hear someone is a gift of increasing value.” Jacey
- "What Great Listeners Actually Do"
- Story Corps
- Prep Dish
- Perfect Little World
- Edge of Seventeen
- James Arthur – "Say You Won’t Let Go"
- Gavin James
- Beauty and the Beast soundtrack
- Fat Mascara
- Mom Life podcast
- Lucie’s List
Some links are affiliates. Thanks for supporting our show!