2016: A Recap
Just a couple more weeks to get a bonus lipstick consultation and/or "So I Was Listening to This Podcast..." tote when you support us on Patreon! Come for the bonuses, stay 'cause you love the show. :)
What you'll hear:
- Our unexpected joys and obstacles of 2016
- Lessons learned about identity, struggle, and emotions
- Top RWLF's of the YEAR
- The 2016 outfits, beauty products, trends, and memes we loved
Can I quote you on that?
- “I don’t want to come up with the shiny silver lining if it’s not quite polished yet.” Maggie
- “I’m learning that my timeframe is not His timeframe – which I knew, but I’m living it.” Maggie
- “I’m learning I will always be learning.” Maggie
- “I’ve learned the value of prioritizing people over productivity.” Jacey
Year End Benediction
May we silence the lying, lurking monsters that loom large, like shadows, in our imaginations. May we have the power to topple them, to take them captive, to declare our victory.
May we remember that darkness will not have the final word, that it is dispelled with even the tiniest burst of light. May our hearts twinkle like the lights on our Christmas trees, bubbling with hope and anticipation for what’s to come, celebrating what has been.
May we open fists that are clenched in anger or anxiety or dread and let go, aware of our emptiness and our inability to fill and fix ourselves.
And then may we raise our open hands and return once more to a God who sustains, who is with us in our weakness and our pride and our joy, that He might fill us once more.
- Art of Simple New Year's Eve reflection questions
- Finding God in the Waves
- Georgica Pond by Johnny Swim
- Start Your Podcast guide
- Today Will Be Different
- Love and Other Ways of Dying
- O.J.: Made in America
- The People vs. O.J. Simpson
- Around the Table Fall Mix
- Lemonade by Beyonce
- Cheers to the Fall by Andra Day
- Girlfriend Collective leggings
- Glossier skincare + makeup (use this link for 20% off your first order!)
- Sun Bum sunscreen
- An honest conversation about race with Frances Crusoe
Thoughts, questions, comments?
- Find Around the Table on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter, or leave a comment below.
- Maggie on Instagram, Twitter, and her blog
- Jacey on Instagram, Twitter and her blog
Some links are affiliates. Thanks for supporting our show!