Privacy in a world of public personas, and Instafamous pets
This week, we discuss why privacy matters and how to protect it in our increasingly public lives, and pets on social media.
BUT FIRST! Maybe one of your 2016 goals is to build good habits. Subscribing to our show is an easy way to include Around the Table, and much cheaper than a Fitbit.
WARNING: extreme disdain for cats expressed in this episode. Before you get mad, cat people, all we ask is that you take a look in the mirror and just be honest with yourselves as you reflect on this question: is the best compliment a cat can get that "he's more like a dog"? Draw your own conclusions.
Can I quote you on that?
- “I'm sitting here in a cafe surrounded by people drinking juice and all I've been wanting is fried chicken and pizza.” Maggie
- "We are constantly navigating what's worth sharing and also wise to share." Maggie
- "Not everyone is going to steward information the same way." Maggie
- "Social media connects everybody but it can also put us on our own little islands." Jacey
- "One of the most innate human needs is to be known." Jacey
- "There is clinical research that shows watching cat videos makes us happier and has health benefits." Maggie
- Our vintage episode on the pros and cons of Googling strangers
- The Fast, Furry Rise of the Instagram-Famous Pet
- 17 Cat Vines That Will Make You Laugh Every Time
- 29 Cats Who Failed So Hard They Won
- How to leave an iTunes review:
Thoughts, questions, comments?