003: Whole 30, half marathons & friends in your 20's
- Maggie's birthday was a smashing success: Pumpkin Spice latte, flowers, dinner at The Grocery, and a Jeni's night cap!
- "If you want to know your future, look at your friends." - Anonymous? We think?
- Maggie is holding out on joining Pinterest. Tell her we want her there! Jacey loves Pinterest.
- Jacey's Instagram picture was briefly on the Jeni's website. That means I get free ice cream for life, right?!?
- Our podcast mascot. He has his own Instagram, where he posts the occasional tasteful selfie.
- The Influence Podcast launched last week! The first episode is an interview with Jess Connolly.
- What is Whole 30?
- Jacey blogged about her Whole 30 experience and compiled some of her favorite Whole 30 recipes.
- Eating for comfort is no joke.
- Maggie gave us her dietetic perspective on Whole 30. She gave it mixed reviews.
- Elle Woods backs us up on the mental health benefits of exercise:
"Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. Happy people just don't shoot their husbands."
- Map My Run is a great app for finding running routes and tracking your pace, distance, etc.
- A running partner is a surprisingly intimate relationship. If you want to get closer with someone, start running together.
- Inspiring blogs about gettin' healthy: Fat guy diary and diary of a food addict
- Join us for the Kiawah Island half marathon in December! It's 95 days away, so still totally enough time to train.
- Making new friends? Vulnerability, taking initiative and saying yes is the name of the game!
- Sometimes you have to go bowling and make friends at the post office. Also? Relationships take time. Keep settling into it and be patient!
- Even the extrovert says: Friday nights at home are totally cool.
Have you tried Whole 30? What do you do for exercise? What are your tips for making new friends?